Position: : Automotive Maintenance Assistant
Location:: Primary location is Atlanta, GA 30329 additional temporary locations within a 50-mile radius of Atlanta GA
Required: Valid State of Georgia Driver License
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC is seeking a qualified candidate who will manage the day to day maintenance operations for a pool of government motor vehicles. The ideal candidate will focus on providing excellent customer service and have the ability to carry out technical and administrative tasks to maintain, monitor, track and document vehicle checks and maintenance. The ideal candidate will make vehicle safety and customer service a priority.
- Must Have the ability to work in the United States
- Hold a Valid Georgia State Driver’s License
- Ability to pass Federal Government security/background check
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Capable of effectively communicating in English, both written and verbal
- Technical expertise in the operation and use of office equipment and software
- Education: Highschool diploma/GED
- Experience: 3-5 Years relevant work experience
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Email
- Experience with vehicle maintenance checks and test equipment.
- Knowledge of vehicle required maintenance schedules, protocols and warranties.
- Basic understanding of commercial automotive shop maintenance services.
- Familiar with the use of office automated equipment (scanners, copiers, computers, fax machines, voice message systems, etc.).
- Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
- Knowledgeable in organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, creating spreadsheets, data entry into databases, verifying reports for accuracy and completeness, handling and adjusting customers’ complaints, maintaining an inventory of equipment and supplies, answering questions on departmental services and functions.
- Must be customer service-oriented individuals with proper phone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
Motor Vehicle Maintenance Functions:
- Inspect approximately 20-30 vehicles per month utilizing department checklists and guidelines.
- Manage maintenance of vehicles based on vehicle use, maintenance schedules, warranties and direction of maintenance department.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records, database, and scheduling.
- Communicate with selected automotive repair/maintenance shops to confirm and schedule services.Carry out minor vehicle care and maintenance (cleaning, tire inflation, fluids, fueling).
- Relocate/move vehicles between client locations, for fueling and to pre-approved commercial mechanics as required.
- Maintain use of fuel cards, vehicle equipment (keys, spare tires, manuals, etc..) and maintenance tools according to government and department policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and back up support for vehicle maintenance including:
- Track and dispatch government vehicles according to vehicle dispatch policies and standard operating procedures of the transportation department.
- Maintain accountability of the use of fleet vehicles including record time of departure, destination, and expected time of return for each vehicle.
- Process customer request from the vehicle reservation system (VRS) and verify driver credentials.
- Initiate investigation of “overdue” vehicles.
- During turn-in of vehicles ensure accurate completion of the vehicle log (e., mileage, fuel used, vehicle damage).
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the daily operations of dispatch office including copy, file and maintain documents, answer telephones; send, receive, and distribute faxes, mail; enter data into required systems.
- Maintain records system; label, file, destroy and archive records based on government guidelines.
This job requires work in both an office environment and outside for long periods of time. Employees must be in good physical condition, able to work outdoors in all types of weather (e.g., heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.) along with the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, vehicles and climbing in out of vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. The Parking Attendant must be comfortable standing and working outdoors with reasonable accommodation.
APPEARANCE: All personnel shall be attired in business casual clothing for daily work. Attire worn should always ensure employees safety from working conditions (long pants, appropriate shirts and close toe shoes): on occasion, staff may be required to wear a business dress for certain activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. The Contractor shall perform the majority of the work at one location but also required to travel in a government vehicle within a 50-mile radius of Atlanta GA on an as-needed basis.
Operational business hours are 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM with intermittent need to be on site from 6:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
As a part of the IBEX team, you can access health, dental, and vision insurance, accidental death and dismemberment life insurance, 401(k), and PTO.
Hire Type: INSERT FULL TIME
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]