Position: Course Instructor – Course Developer/Curriculum Designer (ISD)
Location: Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Alabama
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week), Onsite
**Attach Resume upon applying**
IBEX is looking for a Course Instructor and Course Developer/Curriculum Designer (ISD) to support the United States Airforce, Air University Force Support Professional Development School (AU FSPDS). This position will build, maintain, and deliver Managerial and Supervisory courses that are in line with the AU FSPDS standard courses. This position will be responsible for course instruction, curriculum improvement and curriculum development under the FSPDS standards and Course Directorate. This position works closely with government representatives and other instructors to ensure work aligns with the AU mission and all contract requirements are met to 100% satisfaction.
- Build course content material to include assessments within the approved Learning Management System (LMS) as well as the AF eLearning website and provide instructions on use of course materials within the LMS and AF eLearning website
- Review format of online courses to ensure they meet established government guidelines
- Document both functional and design requirements for all new courseware, websites, mobile, desktop, applications and development efforts
- Perform content research and development and/or design documents for approval prior to development of materials; will work directly with graphics and software developers to advise, clarify requirements, and mitigate issues that may arise
- Provide status and/or summary reports on current and projected projects to include direct and indirect assessments for all courses and the program overall
- Review, evaluate and recommend solutions to correct deficiencies and/or enhance existing learning content (electronic courses, videos, documents, websites, and graphics) and related supportive material
- Document all reviews, evaluations and recommendations for approval prior to continuing with the implementation of the recommendations will on a quarterly basis review and perform quality checks on all learning content developed
- Instruct, create and adjust curricula, facilitate group exercises/activities, monitor participant progress and account for participant activity/participation in a distance learning environment; complete grading and respond to student questions
- Identify, create, edit and/or enhance the Learning Programs in relationship to the Air Force Civilian Leadership Development Continuum; must also be well versed in the Air Force culture and be able to instruct, explain and update course content that deals with Air Force civilian employees
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate education and training programs, including curriculum planning; evaluation and analysis of curriculum materials, training methodology, and instructional systems; and instructed students on technical or academic subjects.
- Teach seminars using Conference Lines for audio, and Adobe Connect or other similar Government approved system using a web cam and employing the chat function. Encourage the use of the video/audio function with the students as appropriate. Monitor student work in Learning Management System. Review discussion boards and provide them feedback.
- Follow all policies and procedures for instructors described by AF, AETC, AU, Eaker, FSPDS and CADP guidance
- Must have the ability to work in United States
- Prior experience in academic instructional programs at graduate level or military equivalent
- Completion of Military Academic Instructor Course or equivalent
- Prior experience instructing Leadership Development, Supervisory and Managerial courses – preferably in or with the military
- Experience developing, designing and improving Leadership Development, Supervisory and Managerial courses preferably in or with the military
- 2+ years’ experience in training, education, curriculum development in instructional design is required at the undergraduate level or military equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with required applications as (e.g., LMS, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years’ online instruction experience at the undergraduate level or military equivalent using locally approved LMS (e.g., Adobe Connect, Canvas or similar technology).
- Training in ISD, Training, and Education
- Masters’ degree preferred or Military equivalent with concentration in Management or Leadership training
- Ability to adjust work hours to accommodate CONUS and OCONUS students
- Public speaker with strong training and presentation skills.
This role is 40 hours a week, no overtime is permitted without approval from IBEX corporate Project manager and Fort Sam Houston contract office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days are Monday through Friday, core hours 7:30 to 4:30 CT adjusted as required for CONUS and OCONUS students. Partial telework may be allowed based on client’s onsite requirements.
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]