Position: Sr Bookkeeper
Location: Norcross, GA
Schedule: Part-time (20-25 hours/week)
IBEX is looking for a self-driven Sr Bookkeeper to join a fast-paced, government contracting, and professional services team located in Norcross. The ideal candidate will create financial transactions and generates reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper will also reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Proven bookkeeping/accounting experience: 4 – 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have access to reliable means of transportation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical Skills: Outlook, MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail, ability to analyze information and deal with complex challenges
- Ability to develop standards and report research results
- Ability to conduct work concisely and thoroughly
- Strong Data Entry skills
- Comfortable with technology and learning new software platforms
- Comfortable and capable of handling confidential and secure company information
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience in QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of DCAA compliance standards
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is part time position, on the average of 3-4 hours a day.
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]