Position: IT Technical Project Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Schedule: Full-Time (Pending contract award)
We are looking for a talented and skilled IT Technical Infrastructure Project Manager, experienced in the delivery of enterprise technology services in a large health care environment. The IT Technical Infrastructure Project Manager is expected to provide leadership, oversight and accountability as outlined below.
This position is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive, control and completion of IT infrastructure projects, while remaining aligned with the strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. You will work collaboratively with clients/users, the development team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all projects in an efficient, timely manner.
Specific Infrastructure Technologies being upgraded/implemented
- Email migrations; Office 365 upgrades
- End user device upgrades and rollout
- Infrastructure project to support EHR Implementations
- Data Network design, upgrade and implementation
- Telephone system replacement
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged including senior management, executive sponsors, stakeholders and assigned software development teams to assess and prioritize project activities
- Collaborate with other managers and professionals on client-site appropriately to effectively identify and resolve business and functional issues and take ownership for driving these issues to closure. Proactively escalate issues as necessary.
- Manage business process improvement projects including but not limited to project definition, planning, execution, risk management, risk mitigation, issues, work estimates, task breakdown, scheduling, resource allocation monitoring and controlling. Revise and adapt project approach as appropriate to meet changing needs, priorities and requirements.
- Ensure that project status is clearly communicated to key stakeholders on a regular basis and consistent content and supporting metrics for project meetings. Manage change effectively – Status should explain the reason for changes in estimated completion dates (changes in scope, reprioritization of projects, unanticipated complexity, insufficient stakeholder participation, or other factors) as well as critical issues that require resolution.
- Engage actively and contribute to project management standards within the organization.
- Lead and conduct focused, effective meetings with diversified groups. Document action items, outcomes, decisions, and critical issues.
- Track and report project activities, schedule progress, critical success factors, and performance against the triple constraints.
- Serve as the manager of the project team via coordination activities, documentation of action items, and expectations among project resources including internal and external resources.
- Identify and escalate business decisions and project issues to the business via the project owner
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be a US Citizen or allowed to work in the United States
- 10+ years of Project Management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Experience in enterprise technology infrastructure and operational effectiveness in healthcare organizations
- Master’s degree in Project Management or related technical field
- PMP Certification
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role is Monday-Thursday onsite, Friday remote.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]