Position: Operations Support Specialist (Medical-Clinical)
Location: Joint Pathology Center, 606 Stephen Sitter Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
We are seeking an Operations Support Specialist to assist our efforts at the Joint Pathology Center. As the Operations Support Specialist, you would be responsible for supporting the operations of the JPC repository. Success in this role requires a diverse set of skills and abilities including: multi-tasking, working closely with researchers, scientists, and office staff, and providing expert-level attention to detail. You will be overseeing the workflow of day to day operations at the Center. You will help manage and support the needs of personnel and the facility to assure continued smooth functioning and that deadlines are met.
This role will provide quality support by accurately performing tasks and carrying out Center initiatives. Works effectively with customer and Center staff. Actively promotes a lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of lean principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of own motivation, morale, performance, and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to the Joint Pathology Center mission, goals, and values.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience in Medical Technology, Medical Supply, Hospital Information Systems or Medical Records
- Experience interacting with physician staff, pathologists, laboratory support staff and administrative staff managers, supervisors and designees regarding pathology operations.
- Facilitates workflow and tasking of Pathology Center operations
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Understanding of requirements for Personally Identifying Information (PII) and confidentiality
- Ensures compliance with Pathology Center standards and processes, under direction of department manager.
- Exhibits an understanding and knowledge of Medical and Clinical terminology
- Implements and understands the concepts of universal standard precautions, chemical hygiene, infection control and laboratory safety.
- Participates as a team member to meet the Center’s goals
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities
- Exhibits enthusiasm and willingness to work with others
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and record keeping
- Strong computer skills
- Military background/service or experience working with Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, chemical, biological, or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. 40 hours a week, no overtime is permitted without approval from Elizabeth Caporelli, Home office Project manager, and contract office representative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday on-site at the Joint Pathology Center.
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]