Position: Transportation/Logistics Analyst
REQUIRED: Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
**Clearance status must be listed on applicant’s resume**
We are looking for a competent Transportation/Logistics Analyst to oversee and facilitate transportation/logistics operations for our client. This includes the analysis, creation, documentation, and implementation of transportation/logistics plans and details with adherence to Department of Defense (DoD) and military safety and cost guidelines. This position will coordinate and execute processes to achieve the effective domestic and global distribution of materials and goods.
A great asset for a Transportation/Logistics Analyst is their exceptional communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in transportation/logistics management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have strong record-keeping abilities, a customer-oriented approach, and possess an active Secret Clearance.
Since the Transportation/Logistics Analyst’s responsibilities include supporting military and DoD movement planning and coordination procedures, from concept to movement execution to tracking shipments to their destinations; the candidate should be well-organized and understand the military fulfillment systems and processes to be successful in this role.
- Plan shipments based on client’s requirements
- Prepare shipping documents (like invoices, purchase orders and bills of lading)
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations
- Utilizing logistics IT to optimize shipping and transport procedures
- Track shipments to ensure timely global and domestic deliveries
- Provide information to customers about the status of their orders
- Maintain updated records of all shipments and logistics plans
- Ensure premises, assets, and communication ways are used effectively
- Prepare accurate reports for senior management
- Active Secret Clearance is required for this role.
- Previous DoD or Military experience
- Work experience as a Logistics Administrator, Supply Chain Analyst, or similar role
- Knowledge of military logistics software or transport management systems
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills
- Knowledge of DoD shipment guidelines including restricted hazardous material delivery contents and specialized shipments
- Familiar with the Joint Operations Planning and Execution System and Processes
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Provide various levels of client support as required
- Other duties as assigned including support of IBEX staff and department initiatives
- BS/BA in business administration, supply chain management, or relevant field
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Hours and Compensation. This is a Full-Time position requiring approximately 40 Hours per Week. Overtime is prohibited unless approved in advance by your Manager and the government Contracting representative. . Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday on-site at Fort Belvoir, VA. Core hours are 9:00am to 3:00pm EST, remaining two hours to be determined by onsite manager. Telework is not permitted unless approved in advance or when DTRA is closed due to inclement weather or as directed by the contract officer representative.
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]