Position: Communications Specialist
Location: DTRA Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Required: Active DOD Government Secret Security Clearance
**Attach Resume upon applying with Clearance Listed
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC is hiring an Communications Specialist to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. This assignment requires experience in gathering information and details to produce written materials highlighting efforts of departments for agency directorate’s newsletter. Develop and implement an awards program for civilian employee recognition. Provide administrative and operational support to IBEX and client as required.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current United States DoD Government Secret security clearance.
- Expertise Area: Provide high level support to DTRA staff, gathering information and details to produce written materials highlighting efforts of departments for agency directorate’s newsletter. Conceptualize, develop, and implement awards program for civilian employee recognition. Provide operational and administrative support as required.
- Experience: 3-5 Years relevant work experience
- Education: BA/BS in related field.
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint
- Experience with supporting senior level staff within the Department of Defense or a similar government agency.
- Ability to work with multiple agency stakeholders to prioritize tasks and deliver work products.
- Experience working closely with department heads to produce and finalize written materials for publication.
- Experience developing and implementing an employee award’s program for medium to large enterprise.
- Ability to produce quality documents in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other publishing tools.
- Ability to provide meeting support including agendas, minutes and follow up tasks with meeting stakeholders.
- Excellent communication: speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and complete deliverables
- Communicate with leadership of multiple departments to coordinate, co-author, or draft departmental updates.
- Create content and manage deadlines for articles and information to flow into directorate’s newsletter, blogs and other communication media.
- Support senior level agency leadership with administrative tasks: meeting minutes, calendar management, meeting set-up, etc.
- Work closely with stakeholders to continually drive communication best practice.
- Develop, implement, and maintain civilian employee outstanding work recognition program.
- Support execution of the internal communications strategy using multiple platforms to ensure directorate’s and agency’s messaging and news are effectively communicated.
- Plan and deliver campaign to support the launch of employee recognition program.
- Write internal and external blogs, newsletters and related communications on department activities and successes.
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday on-site at Fort Belvoir, VA.
**Attached Resume upon applying with Clearance Listed
Job Type: Full Time/Contract
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]