Position: Education Advisor
Location: Whiteman AFB, MO, USA
Schedule: Part time (20-30 hours per week)
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC is looking for an Education Advisor to assist the U.S. Air Force Base Training and Education Center (BTES) voluntary off-duty education program to include providing academic advisement, information and guidance plus preparation of documents associated with the services provided, distance learning scheduling and support, and administrative duties assigned.
- Advise active duty Air Force (AF) personnel on all programs available through voluntary off-duty education, the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), Defense Activity for Non- Traditional Education Support (DANTES), officer accession programs and other educational support programs are required by the BTES Team Leader. Keeps the BTES Team Leader current on all program and catalog changes and advises affected student promptly.
- Advise AF personnel of Professional Military Education programs available for enlisted personnel and officers by correspondence in residence, or seminar format.
- Provide Information to prospective applicants of specialized AF programs to include (but not necessarily limited to): ASCP, LEAD, SOAR, AFROTC, and OTS. Perform preliminary check for accuracy and completion of application package. The Education Advisor will assist applicant’s determination of their grade point average (GPA) requirement according to specific program guidelines. Refers applicants to BTES education counselor for final check of package prior to mailing.
- Provides information regarding Air Force tuition assistance, VA education benefits, federal financial assistance programs, local scholarships and Air Force Aid Society grants to all eligible personnel. Assists students with completion of all applicable forms/applications. Processes Air Force Tuition Assistance (TA) Forms via the Air Force Automated Education Management System (AFAEMS) software program.
- Refers students to the appropriate academic institution representative for registration and enrollment in courses or programs that pertain to their education goals.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the CLEP/DANTES test program and advise students of tests that are applicable to their programs of study. Administers and interprets pre- tests and non-timed interest and placement tests as appropriate to the individual counseling process.
- Assists AF students with updating their education record; entering goal, updating notifications, inputting supervisor information, and submitting transcripts.
- Conducts follow-up activities (phone calls, mail-outs, emails) to ensure individual student educational objectives are being met.
- Responsible for preparing all necessary correspondence and forms and maintains related records and logs required supporting all aspects of job tasks.
- Uses the AFAEMS to maintain individual student records.
- Answers main line and assists customers.
- Assist with updating education brochures and creating posters for the on base schools.
- Assists the BTES with the necessary logistics (classrooms, material support, etc.) to conduct on base seminars, classes, or meetings.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited American college or university is highly desired.
- A master’s degree and/or 15-30 semester hours in counseling, secondary education, or a related discipline is favorable.
- At least 1 year of work or volunteer experience in related professional services.
- Knowledge of/experience with Windows NT, Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Air Force terminology, office procedures, and education programs is desirable.
- Knowledge of the CLEP/DANTES test program is strongly desired.
- Excellent customer service skills and verbal communication skills are essential.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Typical work schedule will consist of a pre-scheduled four (4) hour work block per day, 5 days per week. Occasionally, at the request of the Team Leader/or designee, two four (4) hour work blocks will be scheduled in the same workday (8 work hours, 1 lunch hour). When this occurs, a one (1) hour lunch break will be authorized and shall be coordinated with the appropriate personnel. Hours worked not to exceed 976 annually.
Job Type: Contractor (pending contract award)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]