IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Position: Motor Vehicle Dispatcher
Location: One position at each of the following locations: Atlanta, GA 30329 and Chamblee, GA 30341
Required: Valid State of Georgia Driver License
BEX IT Business Experts, LLC is seeking a qualified candidate who will manage the day to day dispatch operations for a pool of government motor vehicles. The ideal candidate will focus on providing excellent customer service and have the ability to carry out administrative tasks to monitor, track and document vehicle scheduling, use, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will make safety and customer service a priority.
- Must Have the ability to work in the United States
- Hold a Valid Georgia State Driver’s License
- Ability to pass Federal Government security/background check
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Capable of effectively communicating in English, both written and verbal
- Technical expertise in the operation and use of office equipment and software
- Education: Highschool diploma/GED
- Experience: 3-5 Years relevant work experience
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Email
- The dispatcher must be familiar with the use of office automated equipment (scanners, copiers, computers, fax machines, voice message systems, etc.).
- The dispatcher shall be proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
- The dispatcher will be knowledgeable in organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, creating spreadsheets, data entry into databases, verifying reports for accuracy and completeness, handling and adjusting customers’ complaints, maintaining an inventory of equipment and supplies, answering questions on departmental services and functions.
- The dispatcher must be customer service-oriented individuals with excellent communications skills including proper phone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Track and dispatch government vehicles according to vehicle dispatch policies and standard operating procedures of the transportation department
- Assign fleet vehicles to authorized users
- Relocate/move vehicles between locations as required
- Manage the purchase, provision and control of fuel cards issued to fuel vehicles
- Maintain accountability of the use of fleet vehicles including the following activities:
- Provide physical security for, issue and receive vehicle keys
- Record time of departure, destination, and expected time of return for each vehicle
- Process customer request from the vehicle reservation system (VRS)
- Verify driver credentials
- Initiate investigation of “overdue” vehicles
- During turn-in of vehicles ensure accurate completion of the vehicle log (e., mileage, fuel used, vehicle damage)
- Fueling/movement of fleet vehicles
- Pick-up and Turn-in of keys at pre-designated locations
- Operate a government-owned vehicle as required
- Review trip length, trip duration, occupancy requirements, and purpose of trips
- Notify and coordinate vehicle servicing
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the daily operations of dispatch office including copy, file and maintain documents, answer telephones; send, receive, and distribute faxes, mail; enter data into required systems
- Maintain records system; label, file, destroy and archive records based on government guidelines
- Schedule fleet services events
- Compose and produce routine correspondence, generate system reports
Motor Vehicle Maintenance Functions
- Provide assistance and back up support for vehicle maintenance including:
- Inspection of vehicles
- Transport vehicles for maintenance at pre-approved commercial mechanics
- Maintain maintenance records and maintenance schedules based on vehicle use, maintenance schedules, and warranties
- Carry out minor maintenance (tire inflation, fluids, fueling)
This job requires work in both an office environment and outside for long periods of time. Employees must be in good physical condition, able to work outdoors in all types of weather (e.g., heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.) along with the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, vehicles and climbing in out of vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. The Parking Attendant must be comfortable standing and working outdoors with reasonable accommodation.