SharePoint 2016 Site Collections and Site Owner Administration
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, Onsite
This course is intended for power users and IT professionals who are tasked with working within the SharePoint 2016 environment and conduct site collection and site administration. This course will provide a deeper, narrowly-focused training on the important and popular skills needed to do SharePoint site collection and site administration with SharePoint 2016 deployed on-premise, in Office 365 (SharePoint Online) or a hybrid deployment (on-premise connected to Office 365).
- Design and implement a company portal structure using SharePoint 2016 objects including sites, libraries, lists, and pages
- Role of security and permissions throughout SharePoint 2016
- Implement guidelines for consistency in building a company portal to aid in the day-to-day administration of content in SharePoint 2016
- Enhance the design and content of a company portal using SharePoint 2016 pages and web parts
- Importance of governance for the planning and managing future growth of the SharePoint 2016 implementation
- Options for integrating data from other systems such as Microsoft Office
- Preserve existing data
- Role of social networking in SharePoint 2016 and its impact on collaboration
- Windows client operating systems Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013, or Office 2016
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later, or similar web browser
It is also recommended students have familiarity with previous versions of SharePoint, though it is not a required prerequisite.