PRINCE2® Foundation Training
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process based, scalable approach for effective IT project management. With a direct relationship to the ITIL, the framework is public domain and offers non-proprietary guidance on project management. The PRINCE2 Foundation will provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method, and help participants prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
About the Exam
For students attending a classroom event, the PRINCE2 Foundation exam will be offered on the third day of class. For students attending a Virtual Instructor Led event, students will receive a voucher for a web-proctored exam. It is a closed book exam consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions. To pass, you must receive a score of 55% (33 out of 60).
- PRINCE2 Foundation:
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2 meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes
- Understand the PRINCE2 process model
- Prepare project plans using product based planning techniques and undertake risk analysis and management for the project
- Prepare information for inclusion in a Project Initiation Documentation
- Understand techniques for the management of product development, quality control & change control
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation examination paper.
This course is for candidates seeking to become effective project professionals and for those who wish to obtain the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certifications. This course takes candidates beyond the theory and teaches them how to apply their knowledge to advanced real life scenarios.
The PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
• Senior Project & Program Officers and Managers
• Development & Planning Managers
• Operations & Engineering Managers
• Quality Managers
• Business Analysts
• IT Infrastructure Managers
• ITIL Process Owners
• Internal & Professional Consultants
here is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to have some understanding of project management.
Participants will be given access to a PRINCE2 pre-course video module two weeks prior to the start of the class (subject to booking conditions).
It is important that participants complete the pre-course work prior to attending as the content covers items essential to the successful running of the program. It will also enhance the learning experience for all participants.