PMI-ACP Prep® – Agile Certified Practitioner
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
The Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential recognizes your knowledge of agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques across agile methodologies. Over the last several years, project managers’ use of agile approaches has risen, increasing the demand for such expertise. Research suggests that using agile methodologies decreases product defects, improves team productivity, and increases delivery of business value. You can apply for the certification if you have experience working on agile project teams.
This course covers the history and basic concepts of Agile, its methodologies, strategies—all the key areas of required study for the certification exam. Looking beyond the exam, the course also offers real-world applications of the Agile approach.
- Increased knowledge of Agile principles, practices, and tools
across Agile methodologies
- Application of the Agile value of decreasing product defects
- Improved team productivity, delivery of business value and
- Validation of your experience, ability, and proven understanding
of current tools and terminology
This class is for project managers, functional managers and project leaders from a wide variety of industries, including IT, construction, government services, engineering, financial services and education, or anyone that is seeking an introduction to agile.
To apply for the PMI-ACP, you must have the following:
- Active PMP or PgMP® certification or 2,000 hours working on project teams within the last five years
- 1,500 additional hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies within the last three years
- 21 contact hours in agile practices