Project Management Fundamentals
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals and best practices of project management through hands-on, real-world exercises. Ensure that you are delivering business value by assessing a project’s business case, identifying stakeholders and their relationship to your project, capturing product requirements, and establishing quality metrics to guide the development of your product and reassess the business case. Define product scope to provide clarity for project delivery and create a work breakdown structure to define project scope for the team. Manage your project within the planned budget and schedule by managing change and identifying and managing risks, assumptions, and constraints. Track the delivery of business value and close projects out cleanly.
- Articulate the relevance of core project management competences.
- Identify key project goals and assumptions and set the stage for value delivery.
- Understand how to identify stakeholders and assess how to engage with them during the project.
- Meet stakeholder informational needs by creating an actionable communication plan.
- Articulate product scope as part of the charter.
- Become familiar with the process of eliciting and capturing requirements.
- Create the WBS and dictionary that would deliver the scope in the project charter.
- Perform a more detailed and systematic assessment of risk.
- Articulate guiding quality characteristics for the project.
- Sequence activities, create schedule, and estimate the cost of the project.
- Manage change in projects.
- Track value delivery in projects.
- Understand the basics of a project retrospective.
- Anyone who is involved in, or affected by, projects or change management within an organization, including project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project team members, subject matter experts, analysts, stakeholders, and senior managers who want to get more out of their project teams
- Anyone in a leadership role who will benefit from an introduction to the art and science of project management