ITIL® 4 Training
The ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is a three-day course in which delegates will gain a comprehensive grounding in the aspects of ITIL Service Management aligned to the current version, ITIL 4.
ITIL 4 is the very latest version of the most widely adopted guidance on IT service management (ITSM) in the world. ITIL 4 Foundation introduces delegates to the Service Value System (SVS) which describes how all the components and activities of the organization work together as a system to enable value creation. The ITIL SVS supports many work approaches, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean as well as traditional process and project management, with a flexible value-oriented operating model.
This course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated IT Service Management framework can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity.
The syllabus areas that this course is designed to cover are:
- An introduction to ITIL, its strategic and operational benefits
- An overview of the ITIL certification scheme
- Key concepts of Service Management
- Key concepts in the ITIL 4 framework
- The Service Value Chain
- The ITIL 4 Guiding Principles
- The ITIL 4 Practices
- Group activities and buzz exercises
- Mock examination and examination preparation
This three-day course leads to the ITIL 4 foundation certificate in IT Service Management. Candidates will be taken from foundational understanding through to getting a practical appreciation of how to the ITIL framework should apply to business issues and promote better alignment with organizational objectives. The purpose of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the delegate has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL practices for service management. Delegates will prepare for and sit the one-hour, multiple choice examination. The course consists of short lectures, exercises, discussions, examination technique training, mock examinations and culminates in a proctored examination on the final day.
The audience for the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management includes individuals who require an understanding of the ITIL 4 framework:
• Both IT and business people will benefit from this course
• Those requiring a basic understanding of ITIL
• IT professionals or others working within an organization that have adopted an ITIL approach
• Anyone involved in or contributing to an on-going service improvement program
• Those needing an understanding of service management
ITIL 4 has been designed to help organizations meet increasing demand from the current complex digital environment. The new scheme has been designed to be backwards compatible with ITIL v3 and streamlined to encourage conversion beyond the ITIL Foundation level.