ITIL® 2011 Service Operation (SO)
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
This ITIL lifecycle course will provide delegates with the knowledge and management principles required to formulate strategies, policies and plans for the successful implementation, improvement and management of Service Operation.
In this course, you will be immersed in the overall concepts, processes, policies, and methods associated with the service operation phase of the service lifecycle. You will focus on service operation purpose, principles, processes, activities, functions, enabling technology, and implementation considerations.
The main process focus areas of this course include:
- Event management
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Request fulfillment
- Access management
The organizational functions focused on in this course include:
- Service desk
- Technical management
- IT operations management
- Application management
- Importance of service management as a practice concept and service operation principals, purpose, and objectives
- How all processes in ITIL service operation interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL service operation processes
- Roles and responsibilities within ITIL service operation and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL service operation
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL service operation
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks associated with ITIL service operation
Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT. This class is also for anyone requiring more information about ITIL best practices.
ITIL Certified Course Path
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world and provides a cohesive set of best practices, drawn from the public and private sectors. These best practices, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users, are both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance.
The ITIL qualifications scheme provides a modular approach and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL. ITIL offers five different certification levels and uses a credit system to assist in achieving each level.
Speak to an IBEX ITIL Certification Specialist about your path options today!