This ITIL lifecycle course will provide delegates with the knowledge and management principles required to formulate strategies, policies and plans for the successful implementation, improvement and management of Service Operation.
In this course, you will be immersed in the overall concepts, processes, policies, and methods associated with the service operation phase of the service lifecycle. You will focus on service operation purpose, principles, processes, activities, functions, enabling technology, and implementation considerations.
The main process focus areas of this course include:
- Event management
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Request fulfillment
- Access management
The organizational functions focused on in this course include:
- Service desk
- Technical management
- IT operations management
- Application management
What You’ll Learn
- Importance of service management as a practice concept and service operation principals, purpose, and objectives
- How all processes in ITIL service operation interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL service operation processes
- Roles and responsibilities within ITIL service operation and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL service operation
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL service operation
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks associated with ITIL service operation
Who Needs to Attend
Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT. This class is also for anyone requiring more information about ITIL best practices.
Attendees must hold the ITIL Foundation certification in order to attend this class.