ITIL® 2011 Service Offering and Agreements (SOA)
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
The Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) module is one of the certifications in the ITIL® Service Capability work stream. The module focuses on the practical application of SOA practices in order to enable portfolio, service level, service catalogue, demand, supplier and financial management.
The SOA course is designed to help organizations and individuals understand how the five stages of the ITIL lifecycle (service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation and continual service improvement) can offer value to organizations and projects. It also provides guidance on how service offerings can be developed to support both business and user needs.
Why ITIL 2011
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally. IT Service Management (ITSM) derives enormous benefits from a best practice approach.
Because ITSM is driven both by technology and the huge range of organisational environments in which it operates, it is in a state of constant evolution. Best practice, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users is both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance. The qualifications scheme provides a modular approach and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL Best Practice.
- Importance of service management as a practice concept
- Service lifecycle principals, purpose, and objective
- Importance of ITIL service offerings and agreements while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL service offerings and agreement interact with other service lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL service offerings and agreement processes
- Use the ITIL service offerings and agreement processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Measure ITIL service offerings and agreements
– Importance of IT security and its contributions to ITIL service offerings and agreements
– Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL service offerings and agreements
– Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks associated with ITIL service offerings and agreements
The Service Offerings and Agreements certification would suit candidates in the following IT professions or areas:
- IT Management
- IT Finance Manager
- Capacity Manager
- Availability Manager
- Service Level Manager
- Business Continuity Manager
- Service Portfolio Manager
- Supplier Relationship Manager