ITIL® 2011 Service Design (SD)
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
The ITIL Intermediate certificate in Service Design (SD) is a course that can be run over three or four days (depending upon the requirements of the training group). Delegates attending this course will gain a comprehensive understanding of ITIL Service Management as it applies to the Service Design phase of the Service Lifecycle, aligned to the current version, ITIL: 2011.
Delegates will also prepare for and sit a 90 minute, complex multiple-choice examination. The course consists of lectures, detailed group exercises, discussions, examination technique training, mock examinations and culminates in an invigilated exam on the final day.”
The purpose of the ITIL Intermediate certificate in Service Design is to certify that the delegate has gained a thorough and detailed knowledge of design principles, advanced concepts, and has comprehended the essential management requirements for practices in this phase of the Service Management Lifecycle. When the delegate has completed this course, they should be confident in their ability to approach core design activities, such as:
- Gaining critical knowledge and practical guidance regarding the management principles and core concepts required to design new or modify existing IT services
- Identifying and agreeing on the business requirements for input into the service design
- Integrate Enterprise Architecture practices with service blueprinting
- Apply IT standards and policies to decision-making for service design and improvement
- Establish an account management and business engagement based on successful Service Level Management principles
- Manage the risk of the organization by reducing the exposure to availability and capacity Incidents
- Integrate the Information Security Management System into the risk management practices of the organization
- Define and categorize IT services and offer them to the business in a coherent way
- Improve service provisioning from an accurate and complete service catalog
Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT. This class is also for anyone requiring more information about ITIL best practices.
ITIL Certified Course Path
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world and provides a cohesive set of best practices, drawn from the public and private sectors. These best practices, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users, are both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance.
The ITIL qualifications scheme provides a modular approach and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL. ITIL offers five different certification levels and uses a credit system to assist in achieving each level.
Speak to an IBEX ITIL Certification Specialist about your path options today!