ITIL® 2011 Planning Protection and Optimization (PPO)
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
This 5 day course leads to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate – Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO). This is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL: 2011 Expert Certificate.
This course is designed for individuals who require a deep understanding of Planning, Protection & Optimisation processes and functions, and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation. This course will ensure delegates have an in-depth review of the processes and functions needed to properly master the key ITIL practices and techniques used to create a stable IT infrastructure that the business can rely on.
Candidates will learn the activities, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors for PPO disciplines.
Why ITIL 2011
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally. IT Service Management (ITSM) derives enormous benefits from a best practice approach.
Because ITSM is driven both by technology and the huge range of organisational environments in which it operates, it is in a state of constant evolution. Best practice, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users is both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance. The qualifications scheme provides a modular approach and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL Best Practice.
The purpose of the ITIL Intermediate certificate in Planning, Protection & Optimization is to certify that the delegate has gained a thorough and detailed knowledge of the PPO processes, the structure and advanced concepts, and has comprehended the essential principles of ITIL based PPO practices for Service Management. When the delegate has completed this course, they should be confident in their ability to approach core PPO activities, such as:
- Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities and functions Capacity Management: Ensuring cost-justifiable IT capacity always exists and is matched to the needs of the business
- Availability Management: Ensuring the level of service availability is matched to, or exceeds, the needs of the business
- IT Service Continuity Management: Supporting the overall Business Continuity Management process, ensuring that – required IT technical and service facilities can be resumed within agreed timescales
- Information Security Management: Part of the overall corporate governance frame-work this process ensures that IT and business security are aligned
- Demand Management: Identifying patterns of business activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- How the Risk Management processes works in the context of these processes
Delegates will also prepare for and sit the examination. The course consists of lectures, detailed group exercises, discussions, examination technique training, mock examinations and culminates in an invigilated exam on the final day.
The Operational Support & Analysis Qualification would suit candidates working in the following IT professions or areas:
- General IT Management (in particular Operations and Security)
- Configuration Manager
- Availability Manager
- Applications Support
- Network Control, Operations and Support
- Database Administrator
- Problem Manager
ITIL Certified Course Path
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world and provides a cohesive set of best practices, drawn from the public and private sectors. These best practices, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users, are both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance.
The ITIL qualifications scheme provides a modular approach and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL. ITIL offers five different certification levels and uses a credit system to assist in achieving each level.
Speak to an IBEX ITIL Certification Specialist about your path options today!