ITIL® 2011 Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
Delivery Method: Open enrollment, E-learning, Onsite
The ITIL Intermediate certificate in Continual Service Improvement (CSI) is a course that can be run over three or four days (depending upon the requirements of the training group). Delegates attending this course will gain a comprehensive understanding of ITIL Service Management as it applies to the Continual Service Improvement phase of the Service Lifecycle, aligned to the current version, ITIL: 2011.
Delegates will also prepare for and sit a 90 minute, complex multiple-choice examination. The course consists of lectures, detailed group exercises, discussions, examination technique training, mock examinations and culminates in an invigilated exam on the final day.
The purpose of the ITIL Intermediate certificate in Continual Service Improvement is to certify that the delegate has gained a thorough and detailed knowledge of the improvement principles, advanced concepts, and has comprehended the essential management requirements for practices in this phase of the Service Management Lifecycle. When the delegate has completed this course, they should be confident in their ability to approach core continual improvement activities, such as:
- Learn how measurement leads to understanding which leads to improvement
- Learn how to apply the key lessons and structures of the service improvement process
- Effectively use Management Information to support proactive decision-making
- Utilize analysis to identify improvement opportunities without implementing a full CSI practice
- Map key component measures and process activities to Key Performance Indicators to high-level goals to determine how value is delivered
- Utilize service reporting to support strategic, tactical and operational decision making
- Utilize key CSI principles to develop an economical improvement program
- Understand the key role of technology in any improvement program
- Master the key CSI methods and techniques to improve any IT operation
- Balance the Critical Success Factors with known risks for improvement
Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT. This class is also for anyone requiring more information about ITIL best practices.
ITIL Certified Course Path
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world and provides a cohesive set of best practices, drawn from the public and private sectors. These best practices, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users, are both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance.
The ITIL qualifications scheme provides a modular approach and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL. ITIL offers five different certification levels and uses a credit system to assist in achieving each level.
Speak to an IBEX ITIL Certification Specialist about your path options today!