ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Practitioner
Delivery Method: Onsite
This three-day practitioner course is the advanced level qualification of the ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme. The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm that the candidate has an advanced, deep understanding of the contents, requirements and interdependencies of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and understands how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organisation. At Practitioner level candidates should understand and be able to apply the content of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard within currently certified organisations or those considering certification.
Candidates should understand and be able to apply and analyse the content of ISO/IEC 20000 within currently certified organisations or those wishing to implement an SMS in preparation for initial certification. Specifically candidates should be able to:
- Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the standard
- Assist and advise organisations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability and scope definition
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices, ITIL, and related standards, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001, and how this can be used to support the achievement of certification to ISO/IEC 20000
- Explain and apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the on-going demonstration of conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 20000 certification readiness assessments to evaluate an SMS against the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Produce and assess a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate a service management plan including the service management policy and objectives
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate processes, procedures, process specific plans and process specific policies required by ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Assist, advise and assess organisations on the implementation of continual improvement processes
- Advise, prepare and analyse organisations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG certification scheme.
The ISO/IEC 20000:2011 Practitioner would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
- Both IT and business people will benefit from this course
- Those requiring an advanced understanding of the IT Service Management
- IT professionals or others working within an organisation that is aligned or planning to be aligned with the ISO/IEC 20000 suite of standards
- Anyone involved in or contributing to an on-going service improvement program.