This three-day practitioner course is the advanced level qualification of the ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme. The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm that the candidate has an advanced, deep understanding of the contents, requirements and interdependencies of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and understands how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organisation. At Practitioner level candidates should understand and be able to apply the content of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard within currently certified organisations or those considering certification.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Practitioner
Delivery Method: Onsite
What You’ll Learn
Candidates should understand and be able to apply and analyse the content of ISO/IEC 20000 within currently certified organisations or those wishing to implement an SMS in preparation for initial certification. Specifically candidates should be able to:
- Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the standard
- Assist and advise organisations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability and scope definition
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices, ITIL, and related standards, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001, and how this can be used to support the achievement of certification to ISO/IEC 20000
- Explain and apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the on-going demonstration of conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 20000 certification readiness assessments to evaluate an SMS against the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Produce and assess a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate a service management plan including the service management policy and objectives
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate processes, procedures, process specific plans and process specific policies required by ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Assist, advise and assess organisations on the implementation of continual improvement processes
- Advise, prepare and analyse organisations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG certification scheme.
Who Needs to Attend
The ISO/IEC 20000:2011 Practitioner would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
- Both IT and business people will benefit from this course
- Those requiring an advanced understanding of the IT Service Management
- IT professionals or others working within an organisation that is aligned or planning to be aligned with the ISO/IEC 20000 suite of standards
- Anyone involved in or contributing to an on-going service improvement program.
Although there is no mandatory requirement, ideally candidates should have at least two years professional experience working within IT Service Management.
Explore More Enterprise Governance Courses
Link to: ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Foundation
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Foundation
Link to: ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Auditor
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Auditor
Link to: COBIT® 5 Foundation