Position: Emulation Content Tools & System Architect Principal Engineer
Location: Multiple cities – Candidates located in other locations, should be open to relocate to one of the following locations:
Intel’s transformation to data centric company presents exciting career growth opportunities in the fast-growing Data Center market, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Driving, Exascale computing & Network infrastructure. If you want to be at the front row seat of this incredible journey, come join the Scalable Performance CPU Development Group (SDG) which is part of Intel’s Silicon Engineering Group. In this position you will be part of the SDG-Emulation COE Leadership team responsible for delivering test content tool suite required for the Server CPU Development Group’s entire Portfolio of Datacenter products spanning the Cloud, Enterprise, HPC, Networking, Communications, Storage, Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous driving market segments. Server Designs are getting bigger & complex and hence Emulation is a must have for depth testing to enable A0 production worthy Si for Data Center products. Server Emulation Validation has been a challenge due to numerous factors.
The successful candidate will be assessing the Emulation Content Tools landscape. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Defining & driving the software architecture for any new content tools, if required, for server emulation validation; Defining & driving the software architecture to update the existing content tools to meet the server emulation needs as well as driving the software architecture required to drive convergence across a selected set of content tools. This will require strong partnership with partner organizations/design teams. In addition, the candidate will be assessing the Emulation Validation System’s integration challenges and defining & driving the needed System architecture to meet the defined Content & Automation Methodology as well as driving the System architecture which will optimize the various components to minimize noise to deliver high quality Emulation Validation system in time to SOC customers; Defining & driving the overall Software Methodology for the COE Org. This will require strong partnership with the various components teams (BIOS, Transactors, Automation, pcode, Firmware, Checkers etc). Ability to mentor, guide & develop technical talent within the COE org is a must.
– MS or BS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or related fields with 10+ years of relevant work experience.
– Strong coding skills in C, C++ or other object oriented programming language and scripting environment Python or Perl preferred.
– Experience with Software Programming Principles – Agile development, Code Reviews, Repos, QA
– Strong understanding of SW Architecture principles – Modular Design, Reuse, Abstraction
– Knowledge of SW Development Work Flows – CI infra, Test Automation, Refactoring
– Strong understanding of the Computer Architecture
– Solid understanding of HW/SW programming Interfaces & ability to read specs and program the required HW/SW components
– Excellent HW & SW Debug Skills
– Experience in micro-architecture & design of server products is a plus
– Emulation &/or Simulation Validation Experience is a plus
– Strong Technical leadership and Influencing skills.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to management
– Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic cross team environment
– Works well with senior technical and business experts
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to communicate with partners, customers & senior management.
– Data-driven decision making and balanced approach to enable business objectives – Risk management
– Self-starter, self-motivator, great problem-solving skills and a passion for continuous improvement systems and improving overall org efficiency.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for this position below: