Position: Program Analyst – Process Improvement Specialist (DoD Acquisitions and Logistics)
Location: Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Ft. Belvoir, VA
REQUIRED: Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
**Clearance status must be listed on applicant’s resume**
We are seeking a Program Analyst – Process Improvement Specialist to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. As the Program Analyst, you will lead SES level process improvement initiatives through definition, development and delivery. This assignment requires experience in a Military environment or with the Department of Defense. You will be leveraging best practices across the agency to support ad hoc tasks within contract scope from the Department as required
This assignment requires experience supporting Senior Executive Service (SES) level staff or equivalent to develop and implement process improvements that align with the organization’s mission. If you enjoy leveraging best practices and are good with high-level cross-agency collaboration and coordination, this project could be a great one for you.
- Meet the needs of Senior stakeholders and high-level key personnel to effectively align business processes and goals.
- Assist in determining project scope and schedule to align with business needs, requirements, and work products.
- Initiate communication with internal and external departments including SES leadership to collect data and build consensus.
- Solid understanding of various methods to discover, model, analyze, measure, improve, optimize, and automate business processes.
- Convert data into information needed for administration and management to make informed decisions regarding process changes.
- Act as Team lead for onsite staff to assign and organize work in support of SES stakeholders’ objectives.
- Provide leadership and support to high visibility, Agency-level initiatives.
- Understand Federal acquisition processes, procurement, contracts, and procedures including best practices and streamlining.
- Monitor process performance and improvements in key metrics.
- Make recommendation to optimize or redesign process flows to meet project requirements.
- Maintain and update process related documents and how to guides.
- Research workflows and business procedures to make recommended changes and gain alignment from appropriate stakeholders to implement change.
- Implement quality control standards to ensure high quality work products.
- Support, participate, prepare for, lead, and provide summaries of meetings of various levels.
- Work across various data sets and cross-Agency collaboration and coordination.
- Coordinate and present findings in the appropriate formats (briefings, information papers, decision papers, etc.) that enable informed decisions.
- Demonstrate flexibility in being able to work on diverse projects and have a Can-Do attitude.
- Experience: 7 – 10 Years in Department of Defense Agency/Military Service
- Secret Security Clearance Mandatory
- Education: BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Information Systems or similar Business field
- Previous DoD or Military experience
- Experience with documenting business operation processes based on standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced research expertise and communication across multiple platforms.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, able to self-direct.
- Ability to produce quality documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and maintain SharePoint pages.
- Ability to work with senior level clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Computer skills, (MS Office, strong SharePoint) ability to learn new computer applications.
- Possess strong communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate vital information to ensure success of the entire acquisition process.
- Has experience leading teams on improvement and change initiatives.
- Can be flexible with changing priorities.
- Has project management experience.
- Experience working with Government Agency Consolidation a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Hours and Compensation. This is a Full-Time position on-site at Fort Belvoir, VA requiring approximately 40 hours per week. Overtime is prohibited unless approved in advance by your manager and the government contracting officer’s representative (COR). Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Core hours are 9:00am to 3:00pm EST, remaining two hours to be determined by the onsite manager. Telework is not permitted unless approved in advance or when DTRA is closed due to inclement weather or as directed by the COR.
IBEX IT Business Experts, LLC (IBEX) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IBEX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IBEX expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IBEX’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply for this position below:
[NEXForms id=”2″ ]